SOLD 2005 - 550 Suv #113 Maryland (sold)

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by PlasticsMan, Aug 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

We are selling our beloved Camp Inn teardrop that we purchased in 2013.

Garage kept and well maintained....

In 2020 (yes, when Covid was raging) we took our baby back home to the factory in Necedah, Wisconsin where the Camp Inn folks performed some maintenance, adjusted the suspension, added a solar controller, solar panel connection, & kitchen table extension, replaced a front window & both door gaskets, added door screens, and installed the drop-in storage trays for the kitchen cabinets.

It has a 2-inch receiver for a rear bike rack. This unit has the no longer available pop-up window on the roof. I was told it was discontinued due to water leak issues, but we've never had any problems with the pop up window leaking - even in heavy rain while stationary or while traveling. Just don't open it after it's rained and water is standing on the glass... I made that mistake once!

The A/C was repaired while at the factory but the unit has lost it's charge again - the A/C is the only thing that does not currently work. While we were in Wisconsin we also attended the 2020 Camp-Inn-Camp-Out - it was a fun time with good folks.

I added gas springs to the rear hatch to make opening and closing easier for my wife, a.k.a. my better half and person that treats me better than I deserve...

Tail lights were upgraded to LED modules and the interior & kitchen lights have LED bulbs. The battery is an AGM type.

Included - if wanted - is a set of folding solar panels (120 watt). We've camped for a week at a time in national parks (no electric hook up) and with the solar panels we've not had any issues keeping the battery charged. We also have a REI side tent and a Northern Breeze screen house that are negotiable as part of the sale (see pictures).

The trailer has electric brakes which are in good working order. Extra LP tank included if wanted. Gas stove works well - I replaced the gas line and regulator between the LP tank and stove a couple of years ago as the gas line had dry-rotted.

A custom fitted cover that was purchased from Camp Inn is also included.

Asking $9000.00

If interested or if you want additional pictures, please contact me via email @ hndrsnrc@gmail.com

If you're wondering why we're selling, we bought a 4x4 van which we're converting to a Class B like RV. We want to go to more remote areas than we can towing with a small tow vehicle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    dougbee and Kevin like this.
  2. dustinp

dustinp Ranger Donating Member

Sounds like a bargain!

Kevin likes this.
  3. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

Sale of our trailer is pending...

Kevin likes this.
  4. PlasticsMan

PlasticsMan Novice

# 113 is SOLD! The new owners picked it up today and I'm confident it's going to a good home!

dustinp and Kevin like this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Ranger

Congrats! So glad to see another chapter opening in the life of a well equipped for boondocking CI...

I'm following your evolution to the next step with great interest, as I'm helping daughter build out her GMC Savanna 3500.

I'd prefer to start on a newer 4x4 platform but note Quigley and others have kits to back fit suspension, rear diff, etc...so curious about your thoughts as you clearly have done good work.

Keep us posted here if you like,
    Or
    Sent ya an email, check spam for k.....@live dot com
    And drop a note if you like.

Happy trails!

dustinp likes this.