SOLD 2005 550 - In Albuquerque Nm

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by JANINE MORALES, May 2, 2023.

1. ** Camp-Inn family gets first dibs - trailer will eventually be placed for sale locally if a sale isn't arranged here.

The time has come to depart with my little "Chuy". In the last couple of years I have gone from single life to a family of four, so sadly, my little trailer is no longer practical.

If you're looking for a Camp-Inn trailer that needs a little TLC, this may be your guy!

According to Cary's records, Chuy is #74. The original home for this trailer was in Illinois.
    In 2019 I found it on Craigslist here in NM. The man that sold it to me, a mechanic, said he bought it from an Arizona man " just passing thru". When I bought it, I had to pay for a replacement title. So, all that to say, before I bought it, who knows how many adventures he had because there is limited record for him.

I have restored multiple vintage trailers with my family and I know how important detailed info is before even thinking about a purchase. I fully intended to do the work to restore it to it's original glory, but sadly I just don't have the time or resources anymore, especially for something that's too small for the family. My loss is your gain!

So, since we're all family here, the following list is my attempt to be as fully transparent as possible about the trailer's condition. It hasn't been used in over a year so this list is from memory and current observations. Please refer to the photos (taken yesterday) to see the areas I mention below.
    • When I bought the trailer there was a pretty obvious mold issue in the cubby beneath the front windows. To address this, I resealed the windows with black silicone, inside and out, just to make sure no water would get in. I then went to work to clean/treat the wood. That seemed to do the trick, no more mold nor smell. But there is still a faint aroma of whatever cheap air freshener the mechanic used to mask the smell of mold. lol
    • One of the windows likes to slide open when you go down the road. I usually wedge some weather stripping pieces in there to keep it shut while driving.
    • There were some signs of water damage in the kitchen area. Someone tried to cover the damage up with aluminum tape around the sink. There is also signs of water damage in the storage areas where it looked like water pooled. Even at that time, taking things apart to address the wood properly was too much of a time commitment for me, so I cleaned things the best I could and covered the unsightly areas with foam shelf liner.
    • At first I thought the water damage was caused by the sink, but I think it was actually from the deteriorating weather stripping around the hatch. I replaced all that and everything under the hatch stays dry.
    • The wood is dry, but as for the paneling, that is super dry. Again, refinishing the paneling was just too much of a time commitment for me.
    • There are some dings and dents in the aluminum. A dent about the size of a grapefruit is on the front "hump", drivers side. The passenger side fender is wavy. Beyond that it's in pretty decent shape. It has been washed and waxed 2 or 3 times.
    • There was no indicator of water damage underneath but I sprayed it with sealant anyway just to be safe.
    • Outlet power worked when the trailer was plugged in - I haven't tested it recently.
    • Gas line needs to be replaced.
    • Water pump needs work/replacement. Again, didn't have time to take things apart.
    • Water tank was never used beyond testing the pump so I assume it's fine but don't know for sure.
    • Tires appear to be in good condition.
    • Axle appears to be in good condition.
    • Frame appears to be in good condition.
    • Mattress cover was removed and thoroughly cleaned after my last trip. (Mud)
    • Table and stove are included.
    • Pulls straight - no issues.
    • Homemade curtains and accent pillows are yours if you want them.
    • Camping gear shown in photos is not included in sale.
    • And just as a fun sidenote, the original Camp-Inn keychain and some original brochures will also be included. :)
    I hope I covered everything but if there is something I missed, please feel to ask questions and/or request specific photos.

Link to photo album:
    550 for sale | Unofficial Camp-Inn Forum

I would like to sell as locally as possible...but, ONLY if absolutely necessary, I am willing to discuss the delivery potential as far North as Denver, as far East as Amarillo, as far South as El Paso and as far West as Flagstaff.

The super flexible asking price is $6000 - I am completely open to best offers

Message me here or email ja_9@hotmail.com

THANKS!!! <3

Kevin and Sweeney like this.
  2. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

To your knowledge, have the tires been replaced?

3. Hello! Yes, I remember the gentleman I got it from saying that either he or the Arizona gentleman had replaced them, apologies on not recalling the exact verbiage. But ,I do remember than when I got it, whatever he said made me think how tires wouldn't be an expense I'd have to worry about any time soon. I will post pictures of the tires when I have a moment.

Kevin likes this.
  4. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

I think the best info is not a photo, but just post the number that are on the tire after "DOT'.

Kevin likes this.
  5. Lipster

Lipster Junior Ranger

Just to be clear, age of the tires is not a deal breaker, but tire age makes one wonder if it will make it home without a blowout. I had one blow on a Sunday, 1500 miles from home. NOT a fun day.
    Just sayin', if someone was gonna haul that home to Michigan say, and the tires are sorta old (they may not be) they might want to stop at a tire dealer and have new ones put on. Almost all trailer tires are made in China, and don't DEPENDENABLY last much more than 5 years.

6. Thank you for info :)