1400w too much for coffee maker?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Mechanical Issues' started by Trippster, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Ok folks, we are still working on buying a coffeemaker. Does anyone think that a 1400w keurig is too much for a TD? It converts to about 11 amps. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know it would only work with shore power, without the air conditioner on.
    The other option is to go with the 1000w model.
    Comments?
    Thanks.

2. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Ken,

That should be fine, the trailer is rated for 15amps. Like you said, no getting up and making the coffee while Kathy sleeps in with the air conditioning on though.

Cary

3. Mick'nSarah

Mick'nSarah Junior Ranger

I will say that I had Mick work out our maximum wattage we could use for a couple of different things. We found we were fine up to 1500 watts, and have kept all of our "appliances" (which we have 2 or 3 for the kitchen, and one draws 1500 just fine as long as we are plugged in) below that. Too much more than that will pop the circuit (which you just reset). We don't have the A/C, so I don't have to worry about that factor too. That has been my experience so far! I think my coffee maker pulls aroun 1100 watts, and we have had no problem at all.

Good luck!

4. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Cary,
    Thanks.
    Kathy said "fat chance" that I would be making coffee while Kathy is sleeping. Haha!
    She know me all too well.

5. Trippster

Trippster Novice

Thanks Sarah and Cary.
    We are going to go for the 1400 watt model!
    I owe you both a cup of coffee when I see you.
    Bottoms up!
    Thanks,
    Ken

6. Oysterpot

Oysterpot Moderator Staff Member

Just an idea, run a 2nd extention cord from the post. Get a 30 amp to 20 Amp adapter, and plug into the 30 amp circ. Either run a multi recep off that or run 2nd cord from the 20 Amp receps.

You should not come even close to tripping the 30 Amp circuit.

7. Trippster

Trippster Novice

George,
    Great idea!
    Thanks!