10 years in a Tear, new to the forum

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by whit, Jun 24, 2013.

1. whit

whit Newbie

I just took my first trip of my tear's 10th year and while nothing too special, just a weekend away, it was nearly as good as the first!

I picked up my tear (#15) with my sister and my newborn nephew having never even pulled a trailer before. On the way home through Kansas City, we had tornados and hail. I was nearly weeping at the thought of my new shiny tear being banged up. But she weathered it fine!

The next week, my then boyfriend and I took off down Rt66 with our three pugs!! Dust storms, winding roads, the desert heat, preposterously sized insects - hoo boy! Quite a way to break her in!

Luckily since then it has been much more of an even keel. Mostly we now toodle around Missouri with the kids and now old lady pugs. It has been ten years, one marriage, two kids, three houses, more amazing memories than I could count, and thousands and thousands of miles and she still draws loads of compliments and questions from passers by!

[​IMG]

2. Ken & Peggy

Ken & Peggy Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll be able to add much knowledge and share tons of practical experience!

3. Dahava

Dahava Novice

It sounds like you've had a blast, Whit! Welcome to the forum!!!

4. 1Door

1Door Novice

What the heck took you so long to join us??? Are you all snobby or something!!!!! :)
    Post us some photos of that #15 woody!
    Glad you're with us!

5. Cary Winch

Cary Winch Camp-Inn Staff

Whitney! Wow, good to see you here. This is indeed a treat to have you here on the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Cary

6. AnnaSteve

AnnaSteve Novice

Whit welcome can't wait to hear more from you.

7. KathyBob

KathyBob Junior Ranger

Hi, Whit (or do you prefer Whitney?) 10 years - that is so impressive. Hope we see you on the forum frequently. Kathy

8. Jim and Sue L.

Jim and Sue L. Junior Ranger

Amazing what can happen in ten years. Lots of living in that life. Stay with us and we'll all share good times.

Camp On,

Sue and Jim says

9. 1Door

1Door Novice

My guess is she probably prefers WHIT because she's very funny and has a great sense of humor.
    I had a dream about her #15 Woody last night.

10. jfocallag

jfocallag Junior Ranger Donating Member

Welcome to the forum. I am sure there are lots of stories and pictures in those 10 years.